Although the original use of orangeries were as places to grow exotic fruit, they are still in great use today for a multitude of reasons. They can be used as large, solid extensions on your home that at the same time allow light in, although using them as citrus growers is very acceptable!
An orangery is more like a room extension to a house with a glass roof than the conservatory, which is mostly glass. Orangeries are more expensive although can be longer-lasting and a more natural addition to the home.
An Allerton orangery features:
- Celsius glass with heat reflection, argon insulation & UV protection
- Easy Clean glass technology to minimise manual cleaning
- Lead-free PVCu construction
- Dozens of options for colour, shape and size
- Noiseless glide and effortless opening mechanism
- Patented and insurance company improved ModLok system
- Ten year guarantee against fading, cracking and warping
Have a look below at pictures of some orangeries we’ve worked on in the past, and let us know how you’d like us to help improve on your home!